|Discover Wonderful Health Benefits of Lavender : Wiki Health Blog|
1. Hair healthLet’s start discovering health benefits of lavender of hair health. Women always suffer from conditions that affect the hair quality and health, and using chemical cosmetic can even make it worse. Therefore, a natural herb with hair nutrients, like a lavender shampoo or a lavender hair mask is the best choice. According to a research published on The Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, lavender contains many useful compounds treating alopecia areata that causes hair loss. Lavender can stimulate hair growth by up to 44 percent after some months of treatment.
2. Skin careIf you are a huge fan toner or pray, you can fill your spray bottle with lavender flower and water. This organic cosmetic will keep your face moisturized and silky. Also, lavender works on eczema, acnes. If you don’t want to spray it on your face directly, spray it on a cotton pad and wipe your face with it gently. Oxygen and nutrition from this organic toner will protect skin cells, reduce your wrinkles. So just enjoy your infused water and wait for a white, smooth skin after 2 – 3 months.
3. Insomnia treatmentLavender has been considered as the therapy for sleep problems years ago. This is one of the best health benefits of lavender. In folklore, people used pillows with lavender flowers to sleep peacefully. Nowadays, lavender oil is a popular remedy for those suffer from insomnia. Its scents can help you relax and fall in sleep faster. According to a research from Southampton University, lavender was concluded that having considerable effects on insomnia treatment.
4. Natural perfumeApart from being a useful therapy for insomnia, lavender oil is also a natural perfume and cologne. You won’t need to worry about chemicals due to it is chemical-free and very healthy. Every morning, you can dab a little oil at your wrists or neck to feel good all day.
5. Bloating reductionBloating caused by overgrowth of bacteria in the body and polyphenols in lavender can help you to get rid of this symptom. All you need are some dried lavender and yogurt, mix them together and enjoy it. It not only reduces your bloating but also facilitates your digestion. Treating irritable bowel syndrome which causes bloating is one of lavender’s abilities; therefore, remember this remedy whenever you get a bloating.
6. Wounds healingAccording to a research of University of Maryland Medical Center, lavender oil is used for wounds treatments due to its antimicrobial properties, which make wounds, healed quickly and prevent the wounds from infection as well. You can create a mixture from lavender oil, jojoba and olive oil and apply it on your wound, cuts or scrapes. You can repeat it as much as needed.
Health benefits of lavender are really surprising if you know how to apply it effectively. The herb has variety of application, from culinary, cosmetic to nausea, hence; don’t forget to put a bottle of lavender oil or some dried lavender at home in case you get problems with your skin, sleep or body and you can understand why lavender is beneficial with your health.